Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Salumeria Reading Terminal


Today I went into Philadelphia as I was going to court. Not for me mind you, no I was a witness to an accident two years ago. So since the municipal court is near the Reading Terminal, I went in for some lunch. I must say that in the year since I worked in Center City, The Reading Terminal has changed considerably. But I knew I could find an outstanding hoagie! I originally started waiting in line at Carmens Hoagies but it was taking forever so I went over to Salumeria. The hoagie I ordered was the small (tough to walk and eat with anything larger) Italian for $5.00. I skipped the house dressing which looked that an absurdly thick balsamic vinegarette - no thanks! Otherwise this sandwich was perfect. Great roll, quality meats in the correct thickness, good spice/oil mixture and even Parmesan cheese which you don't often see. And no wait, well at least for me - as soon as I ordered a bunch of people serving jury duty got in line. Unfortunately as I was under a time crunch, I didn't take any pictures but then I found out the trial was tomorrow and not today..marvelous!

Salumeria
Reading Terminal Farm Market
Philadelphia

Salumeria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment