Monday, January 4, 2010

Toscana's Audubon




Monday..Back to work after the New Years Weekend! And another hoagie. I am quite certain I could eat hoagies everyday. So today I went to Toscana's on Kings Highway in Audubon. I have driven past this place several times and figured I would give it a shot. So I opted for their Italian Hoagie although today I decided to go without the hot peppers.

I must say I was not extraordinarily impressed with this offering. It was a "standard" hoagie with provolone, capicola, and genoa salami. There was no vinegar to balance the somewhat overwhelming taste of the oil and they could have used a bit more pepper in the spice blend. The roll was decent - a nice chewy Italian roll, although not sure from where. The proportions of the hoagie were nice although the lack of vinegar definitely let the onions and oil come through.

While this clearly wasn't a bad hoagie, there is certainly room for improvement. It was priced at $5.99 plus tax.


Toscana's Pizzeria & Trattoria
51 East King's Highway
Audubon, NJ. 08106

856.310.0940


Toscana Pizzeria on Urbanspoon



2 comments:

  1. $6? Crazy, looks like lettuce on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, not impressive. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete