Saturday, January 2, 2010

WilJax Famous Sandwiches & Deli






So today I took my two sons to WilJax on the White Horse Pike in Oaklyn. Truthfully, I have driven past this place hundreds of times on my way to work or wherever and never gave much thought to it. Maybe the reason was the Dietz & Watson signs and having worked in a deli for 10 years, Deitz & Watson was the brand behind such delicasies as deluxe loaf, pickle & pimento loaf, and olive loaf. Definitely not Italian Hoagie material. I was wrong!

I ordered the large (12inch) Spicy Italian Hoagie on an unseeded roll with hot peppers of course. This is where my opinion of Dietz & Watson changed. This hoagie was packed with a perfect portion of spicy cappicola, ham capicola, genoa salami, pepperoni, proscuitto, and soppressata. It was complete with sharp provolone and seasoned with oil/balsamic vinegar. Very nice indeed! But just as important as the meat/cheese selection was the roll. This was a crusty unseeded Italian loaf that was awesome from Liscio's Bakery in Glasboro, NJ. The roll would have been a nice meal all its own but since it was filled with all the goodness, i ate everything! In my humble opinion, this hoagie was top notch and falls into my very academic category of sort of fancy hoagie.
I would highly recommend checking this place out! Don't wait 3 years like I did.
WilJax Famous Sandwiches & Deli
612 White Horse Pike
Oaklyn, NJ. 08108





3 comments:

  1. Your snide comments about olive loaf are ill-advised...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure olive loaf is delicious just not on an Italian Hoagie or any hoagie for that matter. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping in!

    We love to hear comments from our customers! Visit the comments section on our website and tell us what you think!!!

    www.wiljaxfamoussandwiches.com

    ReplyDelete